GFX 50S Durability / Repair Cost

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Velocity of Sound
Velocity of Sound Contributing Member • Posts: 937
Re: GFX 50S Durability / Repair Cost

For what it's worth, I bought my GFX from a wedding shooter who was going back to "full frame." I didn't ask them for the full details of why, but part of it had to do with overall speed of operation. They were a bit sad about making the switch, as they felt that the image quality from the GFX was better. But at the end of the day wedding photos aren't about the ultimate quality, they're about getting the shot from the right place at the right moment, right? From a fully business point of view, I'd probably stick with the proven "full frame" systems that offer the most flexibility in terms of lens load out, body styles, and speed of operation. You can still mash away with the GFX system (I admit I'm not a very disciplined shooter and was hoping the GFX would force me to slow down, but despite some of the critical reviews, it's still mostly able to keep up with my bad habits), and the GFX 100 is probably even faster, but... again, if you're buying for business as opposed to buying for personal pleasure, one of the other systems might make your life a bit easier (and be more economical).

Velocity of Sound's gear list:Velocity of Sound's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Fujifilm GFX 50S Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm 1:2.0 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow