Test Sigma DP 0.5 Quattro

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Ceistinne Senior Member • Posts: 2,335
Re: Test Sigma DP 0.5 Quattro

Iconoscope wrote:

Sigma seems to have a penchant for making awkward body designs starting with the Quattro series. The SD Quattros are somewhat more friendly, but still odd.

As for addon lenses, I have found that most do not produce usable results. The best ones I have are the Rokinons and the older Yashica converter lenses. The wide angle lenses work much better than the telephoto on my DP cameras.

I would like to see some samples of your setup using the Ricoh lens!!

Iconoscope & Shawn67,

Even so, Sigma dp Quattro camera range won the 2014 Good Design Gold award and the iF Award in 2015.

The dp Quattros also won the "German Design Award 2016".The German Design Award was launched in 2012. When it comes to selecting prize-winners in this competition, the nominated products are held in high regard in the design field. The SIGMA dp Quattro series was nominated because this camera series has already won the "iF Design Award 2015" in Germany. The selection of winners are divided into two categories, "Excellent Communication Design" and "Excellent Product Design". A jury of experts assess the products and the best 15 design products in each category receive the Winner Award.

So some experts thought highly of the dp Quattro design.

I found the shape unusual at first but after a while I found that it helped to keep the camera steady using two hands and after six years I take the shape for granted.

S

Ceistinne's gear list:Ceistinne's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow