Cataract Surgery and Photography

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Blind Bill
Blind Bill Contributing Member • Posts: 889
Cataract Surgery and Photography

This last summer I was diagnosed with a cataract in my dominant eye.  When I asked the Opthalmalogist about it her response was it was there, it was just beginning, and it wasn't significant enough yet for surgery.

I use manual focus for a good percent of my shooting (for macro and because I own a Zeiss MF lens) and have found it becoming more difficult to focus with great precision.  I bought a Hoodman loupe and have learned to focus using live view but though they help, focusing my camera remains imperfect.  When I was young my vision was considered superb (20/15 or better) and so as I age I find this (like many other things that tend to 'wear out') frustrating.

Please share with me your opinions regarding cataract surgery, both pre- and post-op.  I will be having another exam this spring and may seek a second opinion if they continue to suggest delaying corrective surgery.

Thanks!

Blind Bill's gear list:Blind Bill's gear list
Sony a7R III Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Zeiss Milvus 15mm F2.8 Zeiss Milvus 50mm F2 Macro +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow