Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 26,894
Re: It can only get better .....

Joris1632 wrote:

D Cox wrote:

Joris1632 wrote:

SigmaChrome wrote:

Good to see your face again, George!

Thanks Vitee, must say I was shocked to see my own face in that huge mirror ...

I must be a quite a relief to be out of hospital and back in lock down (irony).

in fact, lockdown pretty well corresponds to my lifestyle for the last 6 months or so, no problem there. More limiting is that I've now got an internal tube/catheter from near my heart to an exit at upper arm and the infusion pump has to be changed daily. For ever.

That's the bit that is totally depressing at the moment but given a few more days ... we'll see

It's not easy keep trying to find photos to work on or re-work. For me it's like cooking up new ways to prepare food. And it's been cold and wet here.

My philosophy is that we are surrounded by subjects, we just have to see them..........

Yes indeed. There are forms, colours and light everywhere.

A photo from 1964 or 1965:

Thanks Don. Coincidentally I'd been considering going back to macro when your shot arrived,- the more abstract sort of thing. Think I still have a Nikon bellows somewhere don't you use that on the sdQ for your copying?

There's a useful adapter called "Macro Nikon F mount Nikkor AI lens to Pentax K PK adapter" available for a low price on eBay, which is ideal for connecting the sdQ or sdQH to a Nikon bellows.

I used a Nikon bellows for copying film to start with, but then found a cheap Durst/Sickles ChromaPro film duplicator which has its own bellows.

The big Nikon PB-4 bellows is still in use for macro. But the pic above would have been shot on an Exakta, with perhaps a Novoflex Exakta mount bellows and a 400mm lens.

To be honest I've been quite ill the last 6mths or so. At least I'll be able to get back to drawing and snapping soon and as to depression - isn't everyone depressed just now?

Sounds like your pump works wonders ! Yes, I think we are all a bit anxious. Extraverts are suffering most.

OT I'm sure we'll be looking back soon at some really great coronavirus photography

I hope so.

George

D Cox's gear list:D Cox's gear list
Sigma fp
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow