Nikon 600mm f4 ED IF AiS 'New' design ser #20xxxx

Started Sep 14, 2015 | Questions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 19,605
Re: Nikon 600mm f4 ED IF AiS 'New' design ser #20xxxx

This is a 5 year old thread - though I think the basics remain the same.

G Beckmann wrote:

I myself just got a new pair of glasses, and I can not believe how clear crisp and sharp the world is with the new lenses as compare to the old pair

Most peoples eyesight changes over time - and our brain "adjusts" to less eye resolving power.

After eye operations at age 14 I was told (wrongly) I would not need an eye test for the rest of my life.

When I started at University just 4 years later I had to move to the front row - to decipher writing on the blackboard.

In the UK eye tests are recommended every 2 years - with 1 important at age 50 as everybody's eyesight changes around 48 - 49, and 1 a year after age 60.

- so I am assuming that if the 600 f4 was 'cleaned up' the world would look clear crisper and sharper in my photos taken with D3, D800, D300 D2h, and other bodies

Unlike human eyesight your lens optics will not have changed over 9 (now 14) years.

A service after 9-14 years should do no harm - but if parts are needed on an old lens they may no longer be easily obtainable.

A current 600 FL will perform better - but not much change out of $10,000 even after a part exchange.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
In lots of ways good photography is much more about how equipment is used rather than anything else.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +26 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow