90D Micro USB connection

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ashokvashisht
ashokvashisht Regular Member • Posts: 165
Re: 90D Micro USB connection

John Sheehy wrote:

ashokvashisht wrote:

Micro USB Type-B is definitely fragile. My son is having problems with this port in his Nikon D3400. Only micro USB type-C should be used by Nikon.

I'm finding with so many connectors these days that it takes a long time to even figure out if I'm trying to plug the right cable in, because even the right one doesn't go in easy. USB-C is such a joy. It really isn't that large in an absolute sense, and I think that manufacturers are just crippling cameras intentionally with inferior connectors for the sake of product differentiation.
--
John
http://www.pbase.com/image/55384958.jpg

I don't understand why they do not use robust connectors. The connector on my old D5200 (Mini USB I understand it is) is in perfect shape while my son's new D3400 is giving trouble. In any case the price is already the differentiator so such a minor engineering slip causes so much pain to DSLR users. Atleast standardize the connectors keeping the robustness benchmark in mind.

-- hide signature --

Ashok Vashisht

ashokvashisht's gear list:ashokvashisht's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon D5200 Nikon D3400 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow