Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Guyps Regular Member • Posts: 353
Re: Pink moon series

JohnS59 wrote:

Guyps wrote:

JohnS59 wrote:

Guyps wrote:

Did you think about shooting RAW?

I used the X-T3, fringer adaptor and cheap and cheerful Canon EF 70-300 4-5.6 ISUM lens that I have had since 2008. Tried a mixture eof AF and MF. Think this was one on MF just managed to catch it between patches of cloud. Basic Processing in Capture One.

Wish I had the XF 100-400 and 1.4x at these times.

I have that rig but I am struggling with getting details. Despite reasonable clear sky because of corona (much less air traffic!). I am living at sea level near the coast. That doesn't help I guess. BTW, one of my first moon shots so I have to practice.

I think that has some good detail on it? Are you using manual focus or auto? Did you do any without the TC on?

im near on the Lincolnshire coast in the UK

I used auto focus, without a tripod and with IBIS on. I didn't try without TC. It is not too bad, I even like the picture, but I have seen much better ones shot with the same gear. I took several shots with not much difference between them, f/9 or f/10.

I doubt conditions will ever be better (super moon, clear spring sky, low hunidity and not too hot and much lower air pollution than normal).

The 100-400mm + TC combo is normally pretty sharp (though not stellar) for ordinary "earth" topics.

John.

I have seen others with more detail too.  Maybe try a sturdy tripod with both image stabilisation turned off? Also did you process the photo and sharpen it in anyway?

Guyps's gear list:Guyps's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow