Quick way to get rid of blue tones on white background/shadows?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 21,664
Re: Quick way to get rid of blue tones on white background/shadows?

Zeee wrote:

So to expand this conversation it seems there are a few interpretations of this. Fringing and CA and I have found many say sites say it is the same thing. I have done some tests of tree leaves in the corner of a photo and I have use both CA and Defringing to clean it up. It was not easy but I found this on the net a few years ago.

• Lateral chromatic aberration. This is the result of the lens focal length differing depending on the wavelength of incoming light. It is seen mainly in the corners and can be readily corrected, either by the camera (in JPEG mode) or by the RAW conversion software. Better lenses show less lateral CA but in the world of digital it's not the problem it once was.
  • Purple fringing. This is the result of axial colour in the infra-red spectrum being picked up as the blue and to some extent red dyes used in the sensor CFA both pass IR resulting in a purple glow around highlights.

Here is an example.

Original

I checked the CA box in LR

Then I selected manual and used the Defringe eye dropper.

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow