Any Canon converts here?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CybrSlydr Regular Member • Posts: 415
Any Canon converts here?

I'm looking to get back into photography and utilize a full-frame.  Going out to Wyoming around June or so for a job and really want to take a good camera for some nice landscapes and the like.

Looking at the Canon offerings, it seems like my favorite brand has pretty much been playing catch-up to everyone.  I was originally really intrigued by the Canon RP, but practically every review shows that it's a very lacking camera.

Specifically, I'm looking at the A7ii.  I have next to no knowledge of the lenses (though I'm going to be looking on here at their reviews) or anything really about the camera aside from what the DP Review reviews say.  No idea of the Sony camera ecosystem either.

I'd like your folks thoughts on if this A7ii is what I'm looking for?  My #1 concern is IQ.  I have 0 need/desire for video.  Dynamic range, good AF, etc.  My goal is to set the baseline of the camera body as high as I can financially manage and then get good/decent lenses.

Appreciate your input folks. 

CybrSlydr's gear list:CybrSlydr's gear list
Canon EOS 1200D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow