Question about output sharpening for print using Capture one with Fuji files

Started Apr 6, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peregrin8 New Member • Posts: 24
Question about output sharpening for print using Capture one with Fuji files

Hello, I am curious about processing recipes with Capture one with Fuji files and which output sharpening is appropriate or looks best when printing.

I have already post-processed the files using appropriate sharpening but upon exporting the images found that the default sharpening for print of 80 creates artificial-looking images with what looks like very harsh outlines and edge halos. Is this normal? Should I apply no additional output sharpening for print? Has anyone discovered their preferred export recipes for making high-quality photo prints using Fuji files that they could share with me.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it, as I am finally taking the time to catch up on a backlog of image editing and have a bunch of prints I want to order for decorating a relatively new apartment.

Peregrin8's gear list:Peregrin8's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow