Great video from Sekonic about setting up and getting different looks when shooting in small spaces

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 15,527
Re: Great video from Sekonic about setting up and getting different looks shooting in small spaces

I am repeating myself posting this link but this is a great series by Gavin Hoey on shooting in a small space. Gavien doesn't go overboard on equipment but he does use more than one light and he uses a basic flash meter. His creative use of the small space is really impressive.

My only reservation is that he doesn't use the entire length of the room. This isn't Gavin's fault, it is because the extra length of the room is needed for the video equipment and video photographer. This forces Gavin closer to the subject than desirable so you can see extension distortion in some of the images he shows.

Adorama - Gavin Hoey - Home Studio Essentials Part 10 (Links to previous parts included)

If you check Gavin's videos on the Adorama TV web site you can see that he has posted more videos shot in this small space.

Adorama TV from Adorama Learning Center

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Pattaya, Thailand. Canon 5DS R & 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5DS R Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow