Snowburst - Puget Sound Lowlands

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
neverendinglight Regular Member • Posts: 490
Re: Unpopular opinion

Fotoni wrote:

I would call images like these more like "hybrids" than just photos. It looks very processed like computer graphics which use some parts of the photo as graphics data. This is more likely happen with smaller cameras because there is more noise, it wouldn't look good without covering the noise. Unfortunately, every replacement will drift it further from the actual photo and more towards artificial. However, it gives a clear idea of the photo, if keeping rather small sized.

I think it is good because that kind of moments are hard to find and capture. Compact more automated cameras like phones cameras have their moments because of convenience which can help to react faster for short rare moments. Better have something than nothing.

It was captured with an iPhone 4 as the op said. There's the baked in processing from Apple and then it was converted to b&w but I'm not sure much more was done. I think maybe it's the b&w conversion that's got you thinking it looks "artificial."

neverendinglight's gear list:neverendinglight's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow