Social distancing with a motorcycle, a camera, and a bag lunch in the Texas Hill Country.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
SBS
OP SBS Senior Member • Posts: 2,619
Re: Social distancing with a motorcycle, a camera, and a bag lunch in the Texas Hill Country.

Sactojim wrote:

SBS wrote:

MiguelATF wrote:

Great series. Seriously.

My personal favorite is #3 - the Cactus, next to the fence, overlooking the field. It almost looks like a shot out of one of my favorite movies from a few years back, "No Country for Old Men".

Hopefully there will be a few more trips, in the hill country, with a Pentax along for the ride

Thank you. Yes, that is one of my favorite movies as well, dark as it is. I also really enjoy "Hell or High Water." They both portray some of the dusty, lost in time feeling about Texas.

No Country For Old Men first came out in a book and it's a well written with unique style read.

That's good to know. I'm going to get it. Might be hard to read without Javier Bardem in my head, though.

Regarding the bike, what brand is it? I rode for almost 50 years on Jap bikes and love them all. Sold my last bike (old school Suzuki GL1000, mint perfect) around 5 years ago and really miss riding. I may pick up this new Cushman II (modern version of a old scooter) and have some fun as a around town ride: http://www.cushmanscooters2.com/deluxe-highlander

My bike is a Suzuki Bandit 1250. Bigger than I wanted, but a good ride indeed. I think the Cushman and other motor scooters are fabulous transportation. I love seeing them around town. So practical and economical. So European.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow