DSLR/mirrorless just for vlogging

Started Mar 18, 2020 | Discussions thread
blackstrat
OP blackstrat New Member • Posts: 16
Re: DSLR/mirrorless just for vlogging

Just got the Canon M50 +EF-M 15-45mm kit lesn, very disappointed by the video performances. Even at moderate ISO, like 3200 or 1600, the video is remarkably grainy. I used full aperture on lens (f/3.5) and 15mm focal lenght.

For comparison, I shoot under the same light with my A6000 + 16-50mm kit lens, definitely better. The image quality is far superior, no noise at all, very clear.

It's incredible...a 2018 APS-C Canon camera, can't handle 3200 ISO!!

Is there a way to remove video noise or not? I have seen a lot of videos on youtube about video settings and cinema look for the M50, but most of them are focused on buttons personalization and AF/MF settings.

I don't know what to do now...

If I won't find a solution, I'll resell the camera and get another Sony APS-C mirrorless with flipable screen, probably somenthing in the A6100-A6400 range. Not articulate, but at least it's an improvement over the fixed A6000 screen, and I'm 100% sure about the video quality.

I'm reconsidering the Lumix G7 and the Nikon APS-C also...the Nikon AF is noisy, but I'll use always external audio, so after all it's a minor problem.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow