Anxiety induced G.A.S

Started Mar 26, 2020 | Discussions thread
R_U_Q_R_U
R_U_Q_R_U Senior Member • Posts: 1,346
Re: Anxiety induced G.A.S

Heavens Light wrote:

... I found a cheap 27mm and with that on the XE3 it's so similar in form factor to the 100 it makes little practical difference. Yes, it's f2.8 vs f2.0 but really, unless you specifically want the OVF (which I didn't) and the aperture ring on the lens then the XE3 + 27mm is a great replacement. Size wise it's practically identical and is actually a little lighter than the X100F. And the 27 is a lovely lens, very sharp.

Except you lose:

• Leaf shutter for flash at high speed
  • 3 stop ND filter

Those two features let you do magical things during day.

1/300th of a second at f/2 at ISO 100

"The first thing you have to realize with a leaf-shutter compact is that even the tiny little built-in flash actually becomes surprisingly useful. Is it powerful? Nope, not by a long shot. But cranking the shutter and shooting wide open gets you a lot of bang for your lumen buck. Also, being able to shoot flash wide open in daylight gives your photos a look that almost (ironically) evokes the soft backgrounds of a much bigger chip."

Leaf Shutter + ND + Flash: A Fuji X100s Daylight Primer

-- hide signature --

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been.

R_U_Q_R_U's gear list:R_U_Q_R_U's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow