* The Weekly Image Thread 20 03 25 #415 *

Started 4 days ago | Photos thread
Craig from Nevada
Craig from Nevada Veteran Member • Posts: 6,580
Re: The Miniature Irises

FWIW, I think the last one is the best result.

The focus stacking is something I have not tried.  Maybe now that I am home I can start.

19andrew47 wrote:

Well I went out and shot them. The results are less than stellar. I really don't do flower groupings well. The results never make me happy so I rarely shot them any more but at the moment there is not a lot of choice so …..

The first was taken from my usual position for these, bent over using the folding screen. The next two are prone a la WN. All three are in camera hand held focus stacks. They don't work well by the way in case you don't already know that. You can see some tell tale ghosting on the rear flower edges. It is likely elsewhere too but shows up in that area more easily against the background. Not a lot of difference among the images.

What I don't understand is that while I pressed the shutter button likely not more than 20 times, I ended up with 221 image files, orf and jpgs for all but one I think. I need to check the camera settings. I may have had it set to burst mode, maybe ….

Andrew

Edit: Well I selected focus bracketing so maybe they were not stacked! That would account for the high number of frames. When I checked the exif though it did indicate focus stacking was selected so really I have no idea! I think I need to RT_M!

standing

prone focus stacked

Craig from Nevada's gear list:Craig from Nevada's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-T1 +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow