COVID-19 Discussion Thread #4

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
Smaug01
OP MOD Smaug01 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,480
Re: Waste of Bandwidth

Bill Ferris wrote:

Photographers have trouble holding polite, informed conversations about photography. That kind of discussion about coronavirus is beyond capacity. Anyone seeking general information or guidance about COVID-19 coronavirus, should go to the experts:

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

I have a read almost every post in all four of these threads so far. I've had to snip a few, but overall, we're doing pretty well as far as being polite. As far as being informed, most of us are posting our references, so if a person feels like the other person is not well-informed, he can consider the source and make his own decision on the matter.

I am learning more than I expected from these threads. Personal, regional perspectives not discussed by the orders. Things that occurred to us for which there is no specific guidelines from the government.

Getting back to politeness, your saying this thread is a waste of bandwidth is one of the more rude things posted recently...

Also, remember that your participation is optional. If you feel like it's a waste you can always just not click into the thread. (that was one of the things I mentioned in the first post of the first thread, and copied into the first post of THIS thread)

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow