COVID-19 Discussion Thread #4

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 12,598
Re: Italy

How about Hong Kong, basically the local government refused to close the border until China lock down by itself, then a 14 days quarantine rule was imposed...

Because of the integration of mainland Chinese after the handover of power in 1997, there is a huge numbers of new Chinese immigrants that no other country can compare. While Wuhan locked down, there are over 3000 Hong Kong citizen for the Chinese New Year stuck there. You can imagine how many people cross the border everyday by high speed train, inter city chain, self drives, by air... Hong Kong could be much worse than Italy.

Thanks to the tragic experience of SARS in 2003, we know how to handle it.

Our confirmed cases had been under well control, and largely the local transmission was closed to an end 2 weeks ago.

No tricks, every people were a mask, avoid social gathering, avoid the crowd, keep our hands clean, hospitalisation ASAP if has been infected... On the authority side, keep following every case and quarantine any group of close contact to cut the local transmission.

If not thousands of overseas studying students, and overseas emigrants returned home, basically the virus outbreak in Hong Kong should come to end. Now we are basically suffering from a new round of imported cases, and worst of all, these group of people are less cautious as local people and their gathering in bars in Lan Kwai Fong, some without mask, might have started a new round of local spread­čśč.

Originally I thought I could relax myself from self isolation this week. Now I shall continue my home isolation for 2 more weeks.

-- hide signature --

Albert

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow