COVID-19 Discussion Thread #4

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
AllFlawed Contributing Member • Posts: 810
Re: easier if it is the law

dmartin92 wrote:

In talking with my brother via email, I have the impression that it is harder for him, because the State he is in has not fully made it illegal in any enforced way for him to leave his home.

For me in France it is the law, and I will be fined, in increasing amounts, if I do not adhere to the law.

In France is there any system to get food to people?

In the UK we are strongly advised to stay at home over 70 but there are no supermarket delivery slots left and many people will have to go out out for food. I went on to Tesco late last night and the site was hanging and all the slots had gone in no time at all as they rolled one day forward. Supermarkets are vague on who can go to special priority opening times saying they will give priority to over 70s and encouraging people not to go but no real firm rules.

I am buying powdered egg, butter and things like that from mail order as I really do not want to mix it in the supermarkets.

He is a law abiding person, if he had no other choice he would focus less on what risks he is going to take, and more on just how he is going to get through the day.

AllFlawed's gear list:AllFlawed's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow