The moon, stars, planets and anything in the sky Fuji thread

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
TonyGN10 Regular Member • Posts: 129
Re: Satellite trails?

Optimus Primes wrote:

TonyGN10 wrote:

Taken this evening in London at 8pm from my garden (my first ever night time sky shots!) - remarkably clear sky with very little atmospheric pollution due to London lockdown. X-T2 with Samyang 12mm 30 sec exposures at f2.0

The first shows Venus (I think) and a (now rare) plane on its way to land at Heathrow airport plus the very thin streak of a passing satellite (I think), near centre heading in the direction of top left corner.

The second shows a more prominent satellite trail down across the centre plus Orion (?) bottom left.

Wow if those are in fact satellite trails I"ve never seen anything like that before!!!!!

I'm pretty certain that's what they are. I've often seen but never photographed (only recently taken up photography) them when up in the Scottish Highlands. Weather permitting, the skies are very clear there with little light pollution. We stay not too far from Faslane, the UK's Trident nuclear sub base and you can clearly see loads of satellites tracking overhead there!!

However perhaps someone with more knowledge in this area might be able to clarify/confirm what these streaks might be.

TonyGN10's gear list:TonyGN10's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Phase One Capture One Pro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow