E-m1x and GPS Data Issues

Started 5 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RadiantIris New Member • Posts: 17
E-m1x and GPS Data Issues

Received a new E-m1x Monday afternoon and obviously started updating, configuring and testing it. All went well except for two problems related to the GPS system. There wasn’t enough time left for Olympus first level support to escalate today, so I got off the call with a few items to check. Thought I would post in the forum in case anyone else might have had the same experience.

Problem 1: Electronic Compass would not display or capture directional data. It does capture all of the other data, i.e. lat, long, pressure, alt. Just not the directional heading data. Before I called Oly support, I did a reset, reconfigure and it did work for a number of pictures, then went away, with no camera changes in between.

This evening, I did another reset and re-updated the A-GPS data from a desktop. Appears to be working at this moment, will check again tomorrow. What’s interesting is that the compass is working without gps being active.

Problem 2: A requirement to use the gps is to turn on the auto time adjust setting. (under wrench, settings) When this is used, it does not change the time correctly. It appears that it’s not compensating for the daylight savings adjustment. When I manually enter the time without gps active, it works just fine.

Oly support wasn’t able to answer my questions regarding this one. Anyone here know anything about data acquisition from satellites?

I plan to spend some time tomorrow testing before I call for an escalation, but if anyone has any ideas/experience with this, I would appreciate any feedback.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Vic

RadiantIris's gear list:RadiantIris's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow