Couldn´t warm up to Z6, looking for D750 again...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
bocajrs
bocajrs Senior Member • Posts: 2,474
Re: Couldn´t warm up to Z6, looking for D750 again...

Waldemar wrote:

So I sold my D750 and got a Z6 and the Z 24-70 F4 several weeks ago.

I´m in doubt and thinking about going back to a D750.

I probably knew it beforehand, but the 24-70/F4 didn´t get me anywhere. In this focal range I tend to use primes and carry only one of them at a time.

Using the Z6 feels like using a computer. I think, that the ML stuff increasingly goes over the top with functions and menus and too many buttons (or actually not enough of them).

Apart from my strictly personal preferences, the Z6 is certainly a nice camera and there are only three things that I´d consider real issues:

- flimsy battery door. Would be o.k. on a $ 100 point-and -shoot. I don´t think it will survive many of the constantly needed battery changes.

- battery life. O.k., I´m kinda used to that with the ML stuff, but the Z6 has a pretty large battery, so I had hope. But no, same drama as with the Fuji X-H1 (it also has IBIS).

- no automatic review on screen if you turn it off in the EVF. It was kinda nice to glance at the display after a shot, when digital came up, back in 2000.

Yep....took all of 30 minutes at BB last year to ditch the Z and stick with my 6yr old d750 and 24 120f4 (rock solid still).

bocajrs's gear list:bocajrs's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Samsung Galaxy Note9 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow