5.3 filnames ALWAYS reset regardless of auto setting

Started 6 days ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scott G Regular Member • Posts: 321
5.3 filnames ALWAYS reset regardless of auto setting

Hi,
My almost-new E-M5 III has been set up, reset and set up again. I have set the filename to begin with M-5-3-off, so naturally my files should all be M5300001 and upward.

I'd like the count to increase no matter what card I have in the camera, so I then set the H1 filename parameter to "Auto".  When I got home after a shooting outing and tried dumping my photos into a folder I was told I had duplicate filenames. Sure enough the first shot on the card was M5300001. It had reset. I have a custom C1 setting enabled, but have not tried to specify any new filename settings for it.
How am I struggling with this? Why do I see so many others fighting with somewhat similar filename issues with Oly's? What gives, and what's the solution? Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Scott G
flickr.com/photos/ksgarriott

Scott G's gear list:Scott G's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow