What Nikon camera for old manual lenses?

Started Mar 22, 2020 | Discussions thread
Igor Sotelo Regular Member • Posts: 451
Re: With my Df...

RJSinNY wrote:

Stan Disbrow wrote:

Hi,

...I am seriously considering selling off all my AF, AFD and AFS primes and keeping just my old manual focus primes. Save for the AF 20mm f2.8 since I no longer have a manual focus 20mm.

I am moving to medium format for higher resolution than the 16 MP of the Df. Looking at most of my lenses, I don't believe most of them would work so well on a D850 or a Z7. If I have to re-buy lenses, I might as well do this with an eye towards the eventual acquisition of a FujiFilm GFX 100 in a few years.

I would keep the few AF zooms with the Df and F5 with digital back.

This is just where my thinking is these days when it comes to new cameras and old lenses. Plus I still have my working FE for 135 format film.

What makes you think your lenses won't work well with a D850? Have you rented one and tried them out? I'm curious.

The D850, with the D780, is by big difference the best DSLR ever made, but I think that the Df is a phenomenal digital camera, particularly if you grew using film cameras with classic controls.

When you have a camera that you really like, you use it a lot, even if it’s not technically advanced. The Leica M system is another example of that.

Igor Sotelo's gear list:Igor Sotelo's gear list
Nikon D800 Canon EOS 6D Nikon Df Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow