GFX 50R w/50 vs Sony A7R IV vs RX1R II

Started Mar 20, 2020 | Discussions thread
DaveJC
DaveJC Senior Member • Posts: 1,864
Re: Pictorial comparison

debo wrote:

Yeah, the RX1 remains unbeatable as a miniMF compromise for travel (I carry it in my jacket pocket and my laptop bag for work trips).

Other thoughts: Although its 2x the size, weight and price (more like 3x), the 50+50 combo has sublime rendering for people pics and I love the experience. I am an amateur and its a lot of camera for me. If I didn't care for the MF experience I would be equally happy with the RX1 for travel and a R3/4 + 21/45/85 combo

Debo, When I travel, I only bring my XT setup. International, Fuji XT-3 with 10-24 and 16-80 covers all my needs. Local festivals, maybe my Fuji XT-3 plus f2 fujichrones. If I want really small, then swap the XT3 for the XT20. But, wandering the local nature preserves where I can take my time and scout out a location, the GFX is just a pleasure to use. So yes it is bigger and heavier but so what, I have small when I need or want it...So it has it’s place in my lineup, and ohh those gorgeous images it produces, love it...

-- hide signature --

DaveJC

DaveJC's gear list:DaveJC's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm GFX 50R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow