Anybody still shooting APS, or is it really dead?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Hike Pics
Hike Pics Senior Member • Posts: 1,712
Re: Anybody still shooting APS, or is it really dead?

I started shooting APS last year. I have actually acquired a bit of gear: Canon EOS IX (EF lenses work great), Nikon Pronea 6i & Nikon Pronea S (with IX-Nikkor 30-60mm) and Minolta Vectis S-1 with Minolta-V 28-56mm and 56-170mm lenses. I have several Kodak and Fuji rolls. All of this has been pretty cheap.

My local lab can process, scan and print. However, it has been my experience that the scans be better than the standard scans done commercially like 35mm. Most prints made from standard scanned APS film looks fairly pixelated.

I think APS will be dead when the expired stock runs out. I doubt any company would get involved with it again. Because there are certain sensors in the cameras I also doubt reloading with cut film would work. I have also learned a great deal concerning the cartridge and the danger of not knowing what to look for when buying film.

Back in the day most people (shooting 35mm and larger) saw APS as inferior. I see it as subminiature on steroids!

-- hide signature --

...Wes...

Hike Pics's gear list:Hike Pics's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot G6 Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Kodak EasyShare P712 Kodak EasyShare P850 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow