f-stop going to zero (f0) intermittently

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
OP anim8tr Regular Member • Posts: 140
Re: f-stop going to zero (f0) intermittently

Bill Ferris wrote:

anim8tr wrote:

I've got a D600 with a high number of activations. I shoot 100-125 bracketed shots on a typical day. This past week I've noticed that the f-stop occasionally switches to zero (0) and I can't change it. I shoot in aperture priority mode.
Does anyone have an idea as to why this is occurring? I've read that it might be due to dirty connection points on the lens mount but I haven't removed the lens from this camera in over a month. Any thoughts or suggestons?

It sounds as if the camera is intermittently losing communication with the lens. When no lens is attached and the camera is powered, on, the display normally reads, f/0. I would recommend removing the lens and examining the contact points on it and the camera body for an debris, moisture or other matter that could potentially interrupt the connection. While the lens is off the body, you could use a lens tissue to gently clean the connections.

Good luck.

Thanks Bill, I‘ll give that a try. I‘ve cleaned the mount and lens and have a full day of shoots tomorrow, so we’ll. If I see “f0” again, I’ll play around with the lens and see if removing/re-attaching it does anything. If it doesn’t I’ll follow-up here.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow