Samsung 16mm vs 20mm

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
TuVuVu
TuVuVu Regular Member • Posts: 337
Re: Samsung 16mm vs 20mm

markyboy81 wrote:

CyberDEL wrote:

markyboy81 wrote:

Good prices! I think we're talking about different types of 'fast'! I meant the 16mm is faster than the 20mm in terms of widest aperture (f2.4 Vs f2.8). In that respect the 30mm is the fastest at f2.0.

But in terms of autofocus speed I'd have to agree that the 16mm is faster than the 30mm, but I'm not sure where the 20mm fits in.

Yes, when I meant fast it was about AF, not fast aperture. I know that the 20mm is in the bottom of the prime lenses, but I bought it for its cheap price and because the 20mm (APS-C) is 30mm (ff equivalent), closer to 28mm which is one of the best lenses for street photography. I'm planing to add the 16mm in my gear list as well.

Dimitri D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135820506@N02/ My Flickr Photostream

I'm hoping to pick one up at some point as well. You're right it's the ideal focal length.

Is there any Samsung lens that's capable of street videography?
Specifically: small body/lens combo to capture subjects unknowingly (candid).

The only pancake I own is fast 30mm f/2;

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

TuVuVu's gear list:TuVuVu's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow