DSLR/mirrorless just for vlogging

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
csnite
csnite Regular Member • Posts: 153
Re: DSLR/mirrorless just for vlogging

It would seem like a Canon M50 would be just about perfect for you. It's in your price range, the 15-45 that comes with it may not be the greatest lens, but for vlogging it would be fine and totally silent for video. It has a great little screen that fully articulates AF in 1080 is great, and maybe most importantly, the colors are far superior to the a6000, important if you aren't doing massive color grading. If you don't use a mic, consider the Rhode micro, I have found it very good for live music recording in my home. I initially discounted the M system for lack of lenses, but they have most of what I would need natively and anything I could ever want via a cheap adapter and EF lenses. For a step up, I would consider the Fuji X-t200 with a similar screen. It also shoots 4k, which might be a little safer for "future-proofing." Just understand that the body is already more expensive and the lenses are considerably more expensive than M lenses or older EF lenses.

csnite's gear list:csnite's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Fujifilm X-T200 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm XC 35mm F2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow