In viewfinder everything looks well balanced but the photos are always totally over exposed

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
FRANCISQUAN Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: everything looks better now

Useroo wrote:

For many photos the technical side is very easy. You could set your camera to auto everything and let it make up its own mind. .

No thanks, even on my smartchy, auto mode only if i have to be very quick or forget to switch to PRO mode.

Overall, using M mode is not that difficult .. but one can always learn more.

What about "bracket exposure", saw this somewhere before, not sure if my old D5200 has this option - and hence no clue what that could do for me.

Made a test run with the Center weighted metering setting.

Have not yet been able to detect a difference - but i sure noticed how my models enthusiasm level sank lower and lower with me fiddling around for so many different settings and shots ...

Sorry, already edited so no more EXIF on this one, but around f2.5 / ISO 125 and shutter speed i don't even check the number most of the time, it's the last value i adjust with the wheel.

Your wedding rings show the dilemma i think i will have to deal with too sooner or later. distance from subject and aperture, on this subject neither of the two photos has both rings completely sharp, for me that would not be satisfactory.

I just checked on one of the latest Olympus camera models (with the 20MP MFT sensor) that is so highly touted. I mean on Flickr high res photos taken with that particular camera - mostly disappointing to be honest, my D5200 plus 50mm 1.4 can easily do more detailed and sharper landscapes than any MFT with all sorts of lens variations can ... but i guess the MFT mirrorless have some advantages when it comes to fast moving objects tracking.

In all i come back to the liveview screen. It is very difficult to properly judge what the photo eventually will look like once on the home PC's big screen. For any camera that can shoot super detailed pics we can not even see with our bare eyes, this is an amazing short coming.

You are aware that jkjond is showing you the diferences available with variations of aperture while trying to create a "dreamy" wedding ring photograph.
I am sure he is well capable of shooting both rings sharp and/or background according to his requirements as he points out below.

....jkjond "When I have time I'll do tripod shots of details and experiment with aperture to give me options."

P.S. I know very little but enjoy listening to these guys and have learned to keep all of my photos, even the poor ones along with the Exif data.

FRANCISQUAN's gear list:FRANCISQUAN's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow