No raw converter with JPEG settings?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Waldemar Senior Member • Posts: 1,889
No raw converter with JPEG settings?

I´ve used Nikon´s and Fuji´s own raw converters with their cameras. These converters are fast,  free and you can apply camera "looks" (basically the jpeg settings) to raw output, which was especially useful with the Fujifilm X-T2.

I like to use the b/w high contrast setting (hc) with my GR2, but it seems like Pentax / Ricoh does not offer a raw converter for GR2 files. I can´t really go "jpeg only" with the b/w hc setting, as - quite predictably - the lights are blown in many shots. So there are shots, which I´d like to underexpose and pull the shadows up in post, while still keeping the grungy b/w hc look as far as possible. I know that I could create a quite similiar look in Luminar and apply it to Ricoh´s files, but this software is so damn slow and crash-prone, I try not to use it too much.

Any solution for that? Have I overlooked something? The Silkypix 3.0 for Pentax (the last version that Ricoh offers for download) does not work with GR2 files. 
---------------------------------------------
Wald

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow