Flowers and rain

Started 3 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
richj20 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,575
Flowers and rain

We have had unseasonable rain this month in California. But it helps those of us who have started gardens for Spring!

I've gone outside between showers to catch some interesting effects of the water.

Showy Penstemon, Penstemon superbus. A noticeable effect is the saturated colors when petals become wet. This flower is a shade or two lighter when dry.

Mexican Bush Sage, Salvia leucantha. These little petals are soaked with water which has really saturated the color.

The rest have water drops. I was surprised at the different sizes of drops on this Tidy Tip Daisy, Layia platyglossa. The inner disk flowers have started to open, displaying the reproductive parts.

Arroyo Lupine, Lupinus succulentus. Another display of different size drops, some squeezed between the leaves.

Bladderpod, Peritoma arborea. Reflections of hairs are seen in the water drop.

Underside of petals on Purple Nightshade, Solanum xanti. The flower has turned 90 degrees, so I'm looking straight into it, not from beneath.

- Richard

-- hide signature --
 richj20's gear list:richj20's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Sony a7R II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow