Nikon Z Lenses & Canon RF

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Hasa
Hasa Senior Member • Posts: 1,400
Re: Nikon Z is new Sigma Art

Sacred wrote:

I was shocked today when I saw the size of 50/1.2 S lens. Nikon aims for maximum image quality they can get out of this new mount at the expanse of size, weight and cost. This goes for both f/1.8 and f/1.2 primes. I see that zoom lenses are somewhat smaller. Well, this is not how I imagined this would turn out. With bigger mount and more flexibility in lens design one could expect new lenses to be same size as F lenses but optically better, optically about the same but smaller size and Nikon is pushing third option to make even bigger and even better lenses. This is all fine when the biggest 50/1.8 lens they could make is that size, but 50/1.2 is insanely big. Maybe those who will own this lens are fine with it's physical properties but I'd very much like optically inferior lens in smaller package.

Nikon gave us the amazing Z50 twin zoom kit that is genuinely plastic fantastic, compact, light, cheap and loosing very little to a z6 with a picture like the one below.

Not everyone prints big and sometimes it's more about the effect and look than absolute sharpness. If Nikon would remake their AI lenses for Z mount that would be fun. Adapter just gets in the way and kills all the benefits of smaller camera.

-- hide signature --

Smile and the world smiles back!

Hasa's gear list:Hasa's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow