Re: Samsung S20 ultra comparison

Lee Jay wrote:

teemodk wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

RDM5546 wrote:

teemodk wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Bingo.

Here is a real world comparison. Same sensor, same camera, different use of the sensor. I think the images speak for themselves.

Left to right: 12mp binned and gcam processed - 48mp gcam processed - 48mp raw (gcam).

WOW!! This is an amazing picture from 108M sensor in the S20 Utra.

That middle one is labeled 48, so they seem to all be from the 48MP 19mm periscope camera, not the 108MP 7mm main camera.

It's from an average cam with the IMX586 sensor. Native 48MP, binned to 12MP. The only thing this picture were ment for, is illustrate the claim that more pixels give more detail.

Okay. I just tested an S20 with the 64MP camera at 12MP and at 64MP and the difference is quite dramatic.

Yes.  I also have tested the S20 Ultra but with the 108mp at 12mp jpeg and at 108mp jpeg.  I too was impressed with the great increase in detail that the 108mp has in comparison to the 12mp.   However, the file size of the 108mp is huge! (40MB) .

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow