RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 1,349
Re: Samsung S20 ultra comparison

Lee Jay wrote:

RDM5546 wrote:

teemodk wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Bingo.

Here is a real world comparison. Same sensor, same camera, different use of the sensor. I think the images speak for themselves.

Left to right: 12mp binned and gcam processed - 48mp gcam processed - 48mp raw (gcam).

WOW!! This is an amazing picture from 108M sensor in the S20 Utra.

That middle one is labeled 48, so they seem to all be from the 48MP 19mm periscope camera, not the 108MP 7mm main camera.

OK.  The 48mp makes sense if the 48mp image came from the telephoto camera which has the 48mp sensor.    However, I have not be able to adjust the Samsung camera app to output either a raw or a  JPEG image from the 48mp sensor. I can output a 12mp image from the 48mp image (presumably binned 2x2)  but the 12mp is the largest array I can output from that telephoto camera and that image is available only as a JPEG and not a RAW file.  It appears the gcam App is much flexible than the native Samsung app in this regard.    Maybe it can output raw files of the telephoto camera as well as the 108mp camera.  I am going to have learn more about the fantastic advance camera app on the S20 ultra.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +31 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow