Your experience trading in used equip to B&H/Adorama

Started Jan 30, 2017 | Discussions thread
ericbowles
ericbowles Senior Member • Posts: 1,332
Re: Your experience trading in used equip to B&H/Adorama

ross2187 wrote:

I definitely got hosed and Adorama misrepresented what they would give me. I sent them the following:

Fuji X100F - Like new with 1800 shows

Canon T2i

Aftermarket Battery for T2i

Canon charger for T21

Canon EF 50mm 1.8 II

Canon EF 40mm 2.8 STM

Canon EFS 18-55

Canon EF 75-300

2 x Hoya 52 mm filterH

Black / Yellow case for X100

FX100F L

BracketX100F Thumb Grip

Frank had quoted me $600 for the X100F, $100 for the T21, and $30 each for two of the lenses.

I spoke with an individual today, 8 days after they received my package. I was initially promised 5-7 days, so we're late to begin with. The individual quote me about $550 TOTAL! Significantly less than I was originally quoted. Considering I added quite a few things I was expecting about $8-900, which Frank agreed was possible. I told the individual thank you very much , and send everything back. I most likely won't be using Adorama in the future, or recommending them to anyone unless they attempt to make this better.

This is a new post to an old thread.

I think $800-900 was an unrealistic expectation.

The Fuji Xt100F is selling for $800 in LN condition.  That's $450-500 at best.

The battery, case and most other items have zero value for most corporate buyers.

Filters have no value

$30 lenses have no real value.

I'd say $550 is in the ballpark.  Send the gear to KEH  and B&H and see if you get anything different.  My guess is the quotes will be within $25-50 of your quote.  And in 30 days you could see the price drop another $50.

Gear does not get better with time.  I just sold a lens directly for $225 that cost me $625 three years ago and had only been used twice.  If you can't sell it fast on eBay or other normal channels, it's a good idea to just get rid of it through one of these dealers.

-- hide signature --

Eric Bowles
BowlesImages.com

ericbowles's gear list:ericbowles's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800E Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50 +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow