Nikon Z Lenses & Canon RF

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BISCUT Regular Member • Posts: 362
Nikon Z Lenses & Canon RF

The title isn't a Z v RF for a reason.  Not the intention of my question.  I'm lucky enough to have some great Z lenses (never owned anything Canon).  I try and watch and read as much as I can.

I've seen guys like Polin (yes clickbait; but he's also a hell of a photographer) say the RF lenses are just the absolute bomb....and other review show them at top glass but also report weakness in the edges.  Why such disparity among what should all be legit pros?  I realize a lot of opinion.

My real questions is....

Is there something in my Z 50 1.8 or Z 85 1.8 or 24-70 2.8 that than makes them perform on par with the RF 1.4 lenses?  Again, not meant to be a versus question.  Just seems that a few of the S lenses at 1.8 deliver images on par with the RF 1.4's.  This is merely conjecture and me wanting to hear other opinions.  Nothing scientific.

BISCUT's gear list:BISCUT's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow