how's X-E3 holding up in 2020?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
FTOG Regular Member • Posts: 483
Re: how's X-E3 holding up in 2020?

Orangorill wrote:

I'm a little curious, if you're adding the grip and thus bulk to an X-E, why not just get a camera with a bigger grip built in? Is it the price? I choose an X-E over an X-T partially due to size (although looks, price and left side EVF played a part too), and they added height and depth from an accessory grip would sort of defeat the purpose.

Maybe grip style is a factor. Unless I'm using a huge lens, I don't mind a completely flat front, Leica style.

The grip allows for more comfortable holding, imo, and easier tripod usage, the added bulk is mostly in depth - where the lens is the defining factor anyway.

The difference in weight can be significant in a light set up; an X-E3 with grip is lighter than an X-T3 w/o grip.

My X-E3 kit w/ grip, 14/2.8, 23/2.0, and 50/2.0 comes in at just over 1kg, where the X-T3 alone would weigh as much as the X-E3, grip and one lens.

FTOG's gear list:FTOG's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow