Noogy wrote:

noggin2k1 wrote:

Some great feedback so far. The Tamron kit I'm in the process of acquiring is;

• 35/1.8 SP
  • 85/1.8 SP
  • 15-30 G2
  • 24-70 G2
  • 70-200 G2

There's so much variance on price that I've already picked up some absolute steals, and I'll probably look to Canon/Sigma for 24 & 50 offerings (I tend not to use these too much).

Spotted the comments on the long telephoto performance; this actually sounds in line with Sony, where I remember adapted A mount glass not being great at the long end.

Not too sure if anyone has experience with 70-200 G2, and can comment on AF speed and accuracy?

You may want to consider the 35mm f/1.4 instead. Bigger, no VC, but a lot better. Heavier and more expensive too.

I've managed to pick up a 35 for 1/3rd the price I can get the 1.4 at - so I thought I'd give it a try, and if it's not up to the job, move it on for the 1.4.

For me, critical sharpness isn't really the most important thing - which seems to be the area the 1.4 excels over the 1.8. I'm hoping I can 'get away' with the 1.8, to save the size/weight/cost, but we'll see.

Well the 35mm 1.8 is not bad. However, I had a strange experience in which the 45mm 1.8 performed better in terms of sharpness and color rendition than the 35mm 1.8 that I both owned at one point. Hence the 35mm 1.8 was the first I gave up, and went back to the EF35mm 2.

Hope you can share some shots soon

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
https://500px.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow