Sony a6400 or Fuji x100v as FF backup?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ARB1
ARB1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,502
Re: Sony a6400 or Fuji x100v as FF backup?

steviewonder20 wrote:

I am not a pro shooter in that I do not make a living from my photography. However, I do regularly enter juried shows and sell my images there, as well as having them entered in CAPA and PSA competitions or published in my club’s magazine or Canadian Camera (CAPA). I print many of my images (usually 16x20) and when I travel, which I frequently do, I expect to capture images for shows and competitions. In the past, I have often travelled with two bodies; it minimizes lens changes in places like Namibia, and provides a body in case of camera failure. As I am now retired after 40 years of working, I am able to travel and spend my hard earned money since I can’t take it with me. I appreciate the suggestions that have been offered but feel that judgements are not required. Regards.

I just retired in December so congratulations, and with that, I say buy what makes you happy and don't listen to what others say about needing it or not, or being a pro or not. You've worked hard and you've earned the right to buy what makes you happy - retirement is a beautiful thing.

As I mentioned earlier, sometimes I want to go light and uncomplicated (that's a key part of the Fuji) so I'll be grabbing my X100V, other times I want to have more range in what I shoot and I'll take the a7RII with the 24-105mm and perhaps a fast prime, it just depends on how I feel and what I plan on shooting.

Enjoy your retirement and the time spent shooting.

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow