Sony a6400 or Fuji x100v as FF backup?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ARB1
ARB1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,502
Re: Sony a6400 or Fuji x100v as FF backup?

steviewonder20 wrote:

I currently have a Sony a7Riii with 16-35 f/4, 24-105 and 100-400mm lenses. I need a small, fast and wide lens for night, low light and street scenes. I am debating between the a6400 with a 24mm 1.8 lens or 20 mm 2.8 and the Fuji x100v with a fixed 23mm f/2 lens.

Both of these options provide an approximate 35mm POV and a small back-up camera. I understand the differences (fixed lens vs. Interchangeable, etc.) and have read comparisons. Still stuck between them.

Any thoughts to push me one way or the other?

I have an a7RII and just got an X100V and it is a beautiful camera to hold and to shoot with.  I love having only the 35mm lens, it forces me to think creatively and to not carry more than I need when I'm doing around-town street photography.  I'm going to take both when I travel, the X100V for grab-n'-go street shots and the a7Rii for landscapes and everything else.

The film simulations on the X100V is also a lot of fun to work with.

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow