Your Motorsports shot's 4

Started Mar 2, 2020 | Discussions thread
BillyBobSenna
BillyBobSenna Senior Member • Posts: 2,877
Per·sist·ent

The shot below may not seem like that big of a deal however it brings back good feelings of how persistent I was on this day. The shot below was taken at the end of the IndyGP road race in 2019. Rain was threatening all day and started to get heavy at the end of the race. Unfortunately, I left my camera rain gear in the media center thinking the rain would hold off. I debated with myself if I should just head back to edit photos or stick it out and take photos. Adding to my debate, I was located at a section of the track where cars typically do not pass and the race would be over before I could walk to another corner.

I decided to use my rain coat as a camera cover and stay out to take photos. The race turned into a classic ending dual between Scott Dixon and Simon Pagenaud. Simon passed Scott on the second to last lap in a corned that had no passing all day. I was the only photographer to catch the pass with a photo. Simon went on to win the Indy 500 pole and race in the following weeks. The month of May 2019 saved Simon's career driving a Penske for 2020.

Adding to the significance of the day was the fact that Indy is the place where I fell in love with motorsports. In 1973, my father brought me to the Indy 500. I can remember the moment I first sat down across from the pits and saw the race cars lined up getting ready for the start. It was magic.

Simon Pagenaud completes a rare race winning pass of Scott Dixon

-- hide signature --

Bill - Beverly Hills, MI
Motorsports Photography
www.billgulkerphotography.com

BillyBobSenna's gear list:BillyBobSenna's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dav
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
dav
dav
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow