35mm 1.4 Durability

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Threaded Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
Re: Mine went bad

Batdude wrote:

yardcoyote wrote:

My guess is you just wore it out. You have no idea how much wear was on it when you got it, then you pounded on it for quite a while ... nothing with moving parts lasts forever under heavy use.

You are absolutely right I have no idea but I seriously the previous owner was shooting the exact same way as me. In fact now that I think about it, I think I purchased that lens when I was shooting with my XE1. A few years ago Fuji didn't have any "sports" cameras and we all know the 35 1.5 was never designed for sports or for heavy duty use. That is a fact. So I doubt the dude using it before me was shooting 1000 photos on a weekend.

The lens has been available for 8+ years now and you’re literally the only poster I’ve seen to report a fault with it. I get it, you take a lot of pictures, but I’m not sure that’s as unique a claim as you think.

MAYBE you’re the only Fuji photographer in the world to use their 35 1.4 a lot, but there is also the possibility that you were just unlucky, and that one particular lens you’re basing all this on just wasn’t screwed together quite right to begin with.

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow