35mm 1.4 Durability

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 4,947
Re: Mine went bad

yardcoyote wrote:

My guess is you just wore it out. You have no idea how much wear was on it when you got it, then you pounded on it for quite a while ... nothing with moving parts lasts forever under heavy use.

You are absolutely right I have no idea but I seriously the previous owner was shooting the exact same way as me.  In fact now that I think about it, I think I purchased that lens when I was shooting with my XE1.  A few years ago Fuji didn't have any "sports" cameras and we all know the 35 1.5 was never designed for sports or for heavy duty use.  That is a fact.  So I doubt the dude using it before me was shooting 1000 photos on a weekend.

It would be interesting if lenses came with actuation numbers on them the way cameras have shutter counts. Just how many photographs ( or acts of focusing for autofocus lenses?) should a lens be good for before something fails?

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow