35mm 1.4 Durability

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 13,018
Re: 35mm 1.4 Durability

Mine was secondhand (at least) when I bought it, and pretty well used from the battered condition of the lens hood and the unidentified substance nobody has quite been able to clean out of the ridges on the focusing ring. I haven't babied it either. It's spent its fair share of time in the passenger seat and many many trips uncased in an ordinary bag with only its Hood Hat and a piece of fleece wrapped around it to protect it.

And I'm pretty sure it, and my X-T10, both survived a bad fall I took a few weeks ago that left me with lingering injuries to both knees. Now that I am out and around again, I plan to test it thoroughly to make sure it is OK. But I'm hopeful-- the post-fall images I took that day were fine.

Don't let the oddly loose aperture ring and snippy snappy noises fool you ( if your lens has them). This is a tough lens.

-- hide signature --

Instagram: @yardcoyote

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow