SD14 SDQ

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Macrae Regular Member • Posts: 113
SD14 SDQ

As all know here, I have had trouble transitioning to the Q cameras. It was my hope to make the SDQ my new main camera. Inspiteof many others being able to make high quality pictures with Q cams, I have not been able to.

After not being able to create a custom profile via Xrite products with the SDQ, I began work with the Data Colour SpyderCheckr system. Here, I discovered some benefit with the Q, and recently have begun applying the Data Colour system to my SD14 files too.

Last week we had a day perfectly mixture with sun and clouds. I made the two pictures below. The files were processed identically. I present them without comment on which I prefer, and in a small size so that the overall big brushstrokes of colour can be appreciated. Parenthetically, I am happy with the earth tones in the barn in the Q file. These are much improved.

Pretty interesting.

-Mac

SDQ DWB 100ISO

SD14 DWB 50ISO

Sigma SD14
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow