Samsung S20 ultra comparison

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 1,315
Re: Samsung S20 ultra comparison

ChuckTa wrote:

Jostian wrote:

mmm, dont understand why the crops of the Huawei and iPhone are at 200% (or more) to match size of crops from Samsung which are at 100%, anything above 100% will be a mess, so thats already a big problem.

All comparison reviews will compare 100% crops relative to megapixels, cropping a 40MP shots to match the crop size of a 108MP sensor is ludicrous, hence the horrid crop comparisons...though I guess ubergizmo are not renown for their camera reviews.

I agree with you. I found it very odd why some of the crop are so pixelated and it makes the comparison not so meaningful. Also no mention that the Samsung ultrawide has no autofocus, so maybe should test some closer focus shots would be nice. Nevertheless, the Samsung Ultra camera does have very good potential and certainly belongs to the list of the top camera phone.

Why do you think the Samasung S20 has no autofocus on the 120 degree (0.5X) ultrawide rear-side camera?   I find S20 Ultra has something that at least looks like autofocus.

I received my pre-ordered Samsung s20 ultra last week and have been testing it against the various reviews such one mentioned above.

My ultra doe focus nicely as close as 3 inches away in Normal Photo mode.  The image all distances also in focus.

In Pro Photomode it still can shoot as close as three inche the image.  However it takes a while to lock in focus on the near object at the  three inch distance and you see something that resemble autofocusing of the image.  The final in focus close has a much shallower depth field and the background appears blurry.  Whether this is computational photography version vs a moving lens type of auto focus I do no know.   To the observer  it seems to be autofocus.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow