Panasonic GX7II (GX85, GX80) is a wonderful camera

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
Impulses Veteran Member • Posts: 7,043
Re: Panasonic GX7II (GX85, GX80) is a wonderful camera

goshigoo wrote:

I thought Panasonic first implemented IBIS on GX7 followed by the G/GH series?

I am hoping they are doing the same for GX10

That's true, but the GX has always been a bit of an experiment for them... And when the GX7 came out there was no flagship G-model outside of the video centric GH (the G5/6/etc. were positioned more like low midrange bodies), so the GX7 and particularly the GX8 became their stills flagships for a short stint. The G85/95 went more upscale and the G9 is decidedly their stills flagship right now, with the GX line currently occupying that midrange price point (<$1K) that the G bodies used to fill.

It's anyone's guess really, Panasonic has always played it pretty loose with their whole lineup... The GX changed drastically from the GX1 to the GX7 to the GX8 to the more GX7-esque GX85/95... The GF grew and shrank multiple times as well going from GF1 thru GF6 (one of the largest) before it became diminutive in the GM-inspired GF7 (now GX850 in the US but GF9/10 elsewhere). The only constant seems to be the G bodies (which gained a second digit to separate them from the G9), and even those have shifted around a bit.

I wouldn't even attempt to predict their current plans tbh...

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 +34 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow