Samsung S20 ultra comparison

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ChuckTa Senior Member • Posts: 1,477
Re: Samsung S20 ultra comparison

Jostian wrote:

mmm, dont understand why the crops of the Huawei and iPhone are at 200% (or more) to match size of crops from Samsung which are at 100%, anything above 100% will be a mess, so thats already a big problem.

All comparison reviews will compare 100% crops relative to megapixels, cropping a 40MP shots to match the crop size of a 108MP sensor is ludicrous, hence the horrid crop comparisons...though I guess ubergizmo are not renown for their camera reviews.

I agree with you. I found it very odd why some of the crop are so pixelated and it makes the comparison not so meaningful. Also no mention that the Samsung ultrawide has no autofocus, so maybe should test some closer focus shots would be nice. Nevertheless, the Samsung Ultra camera does have very good potential and certainly belongs to the list of the top camera phone.

ChuckTa's gear list:ChuckTa's gear list
Sony a7 Samsung NX500 Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GF10 (GF90) +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow