Panasonic GX7II (GX85, GX80) is a wonderful camera

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
Erik00 Regular Member • Posts: 251
Re: Panasonic GX7II (GX85, GX80) is a wonderful camera

The GX 80/81/85 was released shortly after the GX 8 a high end Panasonic photo camera.

GX 80 etc. is only a mid range camera, but it got some important improvements the GX 8 missed.

I am thinking of the new silent shutter and the 5 axes in body image stabilization also working in video.

What especially impress me about the GX 80 as a photo camera is its low light focus capability and the easy way of changing size of focus- and exposure area from pinpoint to a very large area.

Used for video recording I am impressed that such a small camera can record even 4K without being restricted by overheating and the advantage of i.b. stabilization also working in the view finder/screen.

I like smaller M4/3 cameras and I find the design of the camera to be simplistic and very clean. It looks like a Scandinavian design. ( I am Scandinavian, may be the reason for my positive design judgment.)

As already posted the camera is far from perfect. One problem I didn’t see mentioned is that most buttons are flush with the camera body, and in dark situations almost impossible to locate. I added a little silicone glue “Sugru” to the buttons and it solved this problem.

The camera is small, but I find it heavy for its size. I think Panasonic has placed some pretty heavy metal in the camera to prevent overheating in this small body.

The camera was released about 4 years ago, but I feel it still is still worth buying especially at the present very low price, also in Europe, where you can by body alone.

Regards

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow